Known for pioneering research on the medical applications of non-classical electromagnetic energy, Dr. Rein is a leader in Bioelectromagnetics and the emerging field of Energy Medicine. He received his PhD in Biochemistry from the University of London and went on to conduct biomedical research for 25 years at prestigious academic i
Known for pioneering research on the medical applications of non-classical electromagnetic energy, Dr. Rein is a leader in Bioelectromagnetics and the emerging field of Energy Medicine. He received his PhD in Biochemistry from the University of London and went on to conduct biomedical research for 25 years at prestigious academic institutions including Stanford and Harvard Medical Schools. His academic career culminated with two publications in the prestigious journal Nature and an assistant professorship at Mt. Sinai Medical School. Dr. Rein also has 14 years or corporate experience doing New Venture research and product development for a Fortune 500 biotech company. More recently, he founded the Quantum Biology Research Labs (QBRL) in Colorado, with a startup grant from the Fetzer Institute, which now conducting pioneering research on non-classical EM (scalar) fields and quantum information utilization/storage in biological systems (eg. DNA) and water. Dr. Rein used quantum biology to understand Iself-organization, quantum coherence and energy-based healing mechanisms. Dr. Rein is the author of the book Quantum Biology: Healing with Subtle Energy and is the author or co-author of four patents, 25 papers on bioelectromagnetics and over 40 articles in biochemistry, neuroscience and pharmacology. Dr. Rein is the founder and CEO of Innovative Biophysical Technologies, a new subsidiary of the QBRL, which offers individualized biochemical and biophysical contract research services. Published theoretical articles on quantum nature of consciousness and the mind. Invited speaker at numerous international conference and has made numerous media appearances on radio and TV. Dr. Rein is on a number of scientific and editorial boards including the Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine and Planetary Assoc. Clean Energy.
Senior Researcher with strategic corporate experience in discovering, targeting and applying new technologies and bio-actives for conception and creation of breakthrough personal care products. Proven record in directing and conducting innovative, patented/published, cutting-edge scientific research for claims substantiation of new
Senior Researcher with strategic corporate experience in discovering, targeting and applying new technologies and bio-actives for conception and creation of breakthrough personal care products. Proven record in directing and conducting innovative, patented/published, cutting-edge scientific research for claims substantiation of new products. Management and leadership skills. Strong academic background and numerous scientific publications. Board member of several international organizations.
SCIENTIFIC - ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE – EXAMPLES
· Demonstrated a novel anti-inflammatory in-vitro effect of orange light
· Patented a novel anti-oxidant effect of green light using a cell-free system
· Discovered the ability of red light to activate Cytochrome Oxidase
· Researched the detrimental effects of infrared light on the skin
· Characterized the effect of EM force fields on solvent structure*
· Investigated effects of stored bio-energy on mammalian cells in tissue culture*
· Demonstrated role of potential field on imprinting frequency information
· Invited and attended Gordon conference on Water – 1996
· Invited lecturer at International Water Conference in Seattle– 2000
· Keynote speaker at DGEIM Water Conference. Landau, Germany 2011
· Keynote speaker at Internat. Water Conference. Verna, Bulgaria 2015
· Investigate neurochemical mechanisms of touch/smell and clinically evaluated new bio-actives.
Clinical & BioMedical
· Discovered abnormal neuropeptide metabolism in Psoriasis*.
· Characterized tyramine conjugation in Depression*.
· Investigated monoamine metabolism in Parkinson’s disease*.
* research published in one or more peer-reviewed journal and/or a book chapter
CORPORATE EXPERIENCE - MANAGEMENT & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
ESTEE LAUDER, Melville, NY 1995 - 2009
Senior Principal Scientist - Director
New Venture and Applied Research Groups
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S HOSPITAL, London, England
Postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Medical Electronics,
UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, London, England
Ph.D. in Biochemistry,
BOSTON UNIVERSITY, Boston, MA
MS in Biochemistry,
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH, Pittsburgh, PA
BS in Chemistry,
JOHN F.KENNEDY UNIV, Orinda, CA 1992 - 1995
Adjunct Professor in Dept Liberal Studies
INSTITUTE OF HEARTMATH, Boulder Creek, CA 1993 - 1995
Director of Biomedical Research
STANFORD MEDICAL SCHOOL, Stanford, CA 1987 - 1993
Research Scientist in Dermatology Department
Mt. SINAI MEDICAL SCHOOL, New York, NY 1984 - 1987
Assistant Professor in Orthopedics Department
HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL, Boston, MA 1974 - 1977
Research Assistant in Pharmacology Dept
SKILLS – EXPERTISE
· General Chemistry: Boston University, Chemistry Department, 1971-1972.
· Bioelectrochemistry: Columbia University, Bioengineering Program, 1985.
· Graduate Student-Neuroimmunology: Stanford Univ, Dermatology Dep, 1989.
· Adjunct Professor: Energy Medicine: JFK Univ, Dept Liberal Studies, 1992 to 1995.
· Cancer Research Campaign – grant to characterize neural crest tumors - 1978-81
· Dermatology Foundation – grant to measure pH regulation in keratinocytes -1987-88
· Fetzer Foundation – grant to study electromagnetic field effects on immunity-1989-91
COMMUNICATION – Invited lecturer at National & International Conferences
Quantum Biology Research Labs: Ridgway, CO. Founder, CEO
· Consultant & independent research in biolectromagnetics
· Developed new in-vitro assays to demonstrate efficacy of ultra-weak EM fields
· Claims substantiation for companies selling EM devices
· Website: www.innobioteck.com
· Teaching Fellowship: Boston University, 1971-72.
· Postdoctoral Fellowship: St. Bartholomew's Hospital, Department of Medical Electronics, London, U.K., 1983-84.
· Research Fellow: Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Orthopedics Department, NY, 1984-85.
· Research Fellow: Stanford Medical School, Dermatology Department, CA, 1987-88.
· International Society of Bioelectricity: Governing Board Invitee, 1986.
· Foundation for Research on Natural Therapies: Board of Directors, 1989-1992.
· International Association for New Science: Scientific Advisory Board, 1995-1998.
· Temple University Frontier Sciences: Editorial Board Member, 1997-present.
· Planetary Association for Clean Energy: Board of Directors, 1997-present.
· Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine: Editorial Board, 1998-present.
· Nat Foundation Alt Med: Member Device Evaluation Committee, 2008-present
· Bioelectromagnetics Society: Member, 1984-present.
· Scientific and Medical Network: Member, England, 1984-present.
· International Conference on Unification of Science – 2016-present
· Cancer Research Campaign: Characterization of neural crest tumors. 1978-1981.
· Dermatology Foundation: Intracellular pH in human keratinocytes. 1987-1988.
· Fetzer Foundation: Electromagnetic field regulation of immune system.1989-1991.
· US5958976, “Composition & Method for Reducing Stinging in Skin,”
Neelam Muizzuddin, Ken D Marenus, Glen Rein, Mary Matsui, issued 9/28/1999
· US20060088602, “Electromagnetic Field Regulation Compositions,”
Paolo Giacomoni, Vasile Ionato-Manzato, Glen Rein, registered 2006
· WO200200190 “Cosmetic and Pharmaceutical Compositions and Methods of Using Green-light Emitting Materials,” J. Gubernick, Glen Rein, George Cioca issued 4/8/02
· US 61/085213 “Methods of treating wrinkles, developing wrinkle treatments and evaluating treatment efficacy, based on newly discovered similarities between wrinkles and skin wounds.” T. Mammone, V. Ionita-manzatu, G. Rein filed 8/31/2008
· THAMES TV, London, England, Mind Over Matter Series
Lecture/demonstration on healing with electromagnetic energy, 1980.
· CANADIAN TV, Ottawa. Hazards of Video Display Terminals, 1982.
Interview with A. Microwski on electromagnetic emissions from VDT.
· WKEST Radio, San Francisco, Alternative Medicine Series, 1986.
Interview with Dr. Badgley on electromagnetic healing.
· KISS Radio, Boston, Whole Life Expo promotion, 1987.
Interview with S. Danehy on electromagnetic/psychotronic devices.
· NEWTON CABLE TV, Boston, Alternative Medicine Program, 1988.
Video interview on scalar electromagnetic energy fields.
· FLACH TV, Paris, France, Alternative Medicine in U.S.A., 1989.
Interview with B. Martino - Alternative Medicine Research
· SELF MAGAZINE, 1990. Interview with Michael Castleman - EM pollution, 1990
· EXPLORE MAGAZINE, Interview with Jeanne Manning - Quantum Biology, 1990
· REDBOOK MAGAZINE, Interview with Michael Castleman – Homeopathy, 1991
· BEYOND 2000 TV, Austrialia, Interview - Alternative Medicine research, 1994
· NATURAL ALTERNATIVES HEALTH Talk Radio, nationally syndicated, 1997
Interview with Dr. Ellen Kamhi for Burton Goldberg and myself on alternative medicine
· WYNW, Channel 5, Good Morning New York, 1998
Interview about Alternative Medicine
· GARY NULL Radio show. 1999
Two interviews about Bioelectromagnetics
· NEW DIMENSIONS TV, interview with Richard Williams. Energy Medicine. 2015.
· REN TV, St. Petersburg, Russia. 2016 interview about research with DNA
Bioelectromagnetics and Water Research Only
Rein G. Neurochemical Mechanisms for Healing with Electromagnetic Energy. Parascience Conference, University of London, 1979
Rein G. Corona Discharge Photography & Electromagnetic Diagnosis of Breast Cancer.
Internat. Kirlian Research Association, New York University, 1980.
Rein G. Spontaneous and Induced Electromagnetic Emissions from Biological Systems.
Parascience Conference, University of London, 1980.
Rein G. Scientific Investigation of the Human Energy Field. Wrekin Trust Conference for
Scientists and Mystics, Univ. Loughborough, UK. 1981.
Dixey, R., Rein, G. (3H)-Noradrenaline release potentiated in a clonal nerve cell line by low intensity pulsed magnetic fields. Nature 296, 253-256, 1982.
Rein, G., Dixey, R.: Neurotransmitter release stimulated in a clonal nerve cell line by low intensity pulsed magnetic fields. In: Nonlinear Electrodynamics in Biological System (eds. W. R. Adey and A.F. Lawrence) Plenum, N.Y., pp. 79-86, 1984.
Rein G. Ultra-weak Electromagnetric Emissions and High Voltgage Photography: The Cancer Connection. First Internat. Symp on Acupuncture & Electrotherapeutics, 1985.
Rein G. Biological and Physical Mechanisms of Electromagnetic Modulation of Cell Surface Membrane Adhesion. Bioelectrical Repair & Growth Soc. Boston, MA 1985
Mayaud, C., Pilla, A.A., Costal, F., Rein, G.: The effect of pulsating electromagnetically induced current on classical complement-mediated hemolysis. In: Bioelectric Repair and Growth (eds. E. Fukada, S. Inoue, T. Sakou, H. Takahashi and N. Tsuyama) Nishimura Co., Niigata, Japan, pp. 177-183, 1985.
Pilla, A.A., Schmukler, R.E., Kaufman, J.J., Rein, G.: Electromagnetic modulation of biological processes: consideration of cell-waveform interactions. In: Interactions Between Electromagnetic Fields and Cells (eds. A. Chiabera and H. Schwan), Plenum Press, N.Y., pp. 423-435, 1985.
Rein, G., Pilla, A.A.: A new in vitro cell adhesion model system for studying the bioeffects of induced current waveform parameters. In: Bioelectric Repair and Growth(eds. E. Fukada, S. Inoue, T. Sakou., H. Takahashi et.al.) Nishimura Co., Niigata, Japan, pp. 199-205, 1985.
Rein, G.: Corona discharge photography of human breast tumor biopsies.
J Acupuncture & Electrotherapeutics 10: 305-308, 1985.
Rein G. Weak EM Fields Inhibit Sodium-dependent Transport of Neurotransmitters in PC12 cells. Bioelectrical Repair & Growth Soc. Atlanta, GA1986.
Rein G. Crystals in the Pineal Gland as Transducers of Electromagnetic Energy. First Internat. Crystal Congress, San Francisco, 1986.
Rein G. Healing with Electromagnetic Energy. The White Gallery, Jerusalem, Israel, 1986.
Rein G. Inhibition of Neurotransmitter Uptake in Neuronal Cells by Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields. Annual Bioelectromagnetics Soc. Portland, OR, 1987
Rein G.The Teslar Watch: Protection from Harmful Electromagnetic Radiation. Whole Life Expo Boston, MA, 1987.
Rein G. Psychobiological Mechanisms of Electromagnetic Energies. US Psychotronics Assoc. Conference, Ohio, 1988.
Rein G. Screening Effective Rife Electromagnetic Frequencies using Tumor Growth In-vitro. National Health Federation, Spartinburg, SC. 1988.
Rein G. Charging and Storing Subtle Energy in Water. Easlem Institute Annual Conference of Healing, Big Sir, CA. 1989.
Rein, G.: Effect of non-Hertzian electromagnetic scalar waves on the immune system,
J. U.S. Psychotronics Assoc. 2, l5, 1989.
Rein, G.: Non-Hertzian scalar energy and electromagnetic energy: the biological connection. In: Proc. Internat. Tesla Soc. (ed. S.R. Ellswick), Internat. Tesla Soc., Colorado Springs, CO, 1990.
Gagnon, T.A. & Rein, G.: The biological significance of water structured with non-Hertzian electromagnetic, time reversed waves. J. US Psychotronics Assoc. 4, 26-31, 1990.
Rein, G.: Utilization of a cell culture bioassay for measuring quantum fields generated from a modified caduceus coil. Proc. Inter. Soc. Energy Conversion & Engineering Conf., Boston, MA, 1991.
Rein, G.: The scientific basis for healing with subtle energy. In: Healing With Love, L. Laskow, Harper San Francisco, CA, 1992.
Rein, G.: Quantum Biology – Healing with Subtle Energy Tools for Exploration Press, Chatsworth, CA, 1992.
Rein, G.: Storage of non-Hertzian frequency information in water. In: Proc. Internat.
Tesla Soc., (ed. S.R. Ellswick), International Tesla Soc., Colorado Springs, CO, 1992.
Rein G.: Modulation of neurotransmitter function by quantum fields. In: Rethinking Neural Networks: Quantum Fields and Biological Data, Pribram KH (ed) p379-388, Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc., Hillsdale, N.J., 1993.
McCraty, R., Atkinson, M., Rein, G.: ECG spectra: the measurement of coherent and incoherent frequencies and their relationship to mental and emotional states. Proc. ISSSEEM Conf., Monterey, CA., 1993
Rein, G., Poponin, V., McCraty, R.: Effect of cardiac electromagnetic fields simulated using an ECG waveform on human fibroblasts cells in culture. Proc. Bioelectromagnetics Soc., Boston, MA., 1995.
Rein, G., Tiller, W. A.: Spectroscopic evidence for force-free and potential-free information storage in water. Proc. Internat. Society on New Energy, Denver, CO, 1996.
Rein G. On the Nature of Information Storage in Water. The Water Conference (private
invitation) Seattle, 1996.
McCraty, R., Atkinson, M., Rein, G., Watkins, A.D.: Acoustic energy (music) enhances the effect of positive emotional states on salivary IgA. Stress Med 12, 167-175, 1996.
Rein G. A bioassay for negative Gaussian fields associated with geometric patterns.
Proc. Association for New Science Conference, Fort Collins, CO, 1997
Rein, G.: Biological effects of quantum fields and their role in the natural healing process. Frontier Perspectives 7, 16-23, 1998
Rein, G.: Quantum energy healing. Proc Internat. Soc Study of Subtle Energy and Energy Medicine Conference, Boulder, CO, 1998.
Rein G. Possible Role for the Non-Hertzian Electromagnetic Energy in Biological Systems.Temple University Center for Frontier Science, Philadelphia, PA.1999
Syldona, M., Rein, G. The use of DC electrodermal potential measures. J. Alt. & Compl. Med. 5, 329-347, 1999.
Rein G. Energy Medicine for Clinicians. National Instit for Clinical Applicat of Behavioral
Medicine, Hilton Head, SC. 2001
Rein, G.: Biological effects of non-classical EM fields. In: Energetic Processes, Vol 1, Moscow P. (ed) p187-25, Xlibris Corp, N.Y., 2001.
Rein G.: Non-classical behavior of biological systems: energetic anomalies.
Proc US Psychotronics Assoc Conf. Columbus, Ohio, 2002
Manzatu, V.I., Ionita-Manzatu, M.I., Giacomoni, P., Rein, G: Aqueous solutions exposed to electric and magnetic fields: spectroscopic and biochemical analysis.
Roum Biotechnol Lett 7,783-94, 2002.
Rein, G., Syldona, M.: Energy medicine and energy therapies. In: Complementary & Alternative Medicine Treatments in Cardiovascular Diseases, Stein R & Az M (eds), Humana Press, NY, 2003.
Rein G.: Utilization of a new in-vitro bioassay to quantify the effects of conscious intention of healing-arts practitioners. In: Science of Whole Person Healing, Vol.1 Dr. R. Roy (ed) iUniverse Publisher, Dec. 2003
Rein G. Electro-pollution and its Prevention. US Psychotronics Association Conference,
Cinncinnati, OH, 2003
Rein G. Bio-information within the Biofield: beyond Bioelectromagnetics. J Alt Comp Med 10: 59-68, 2004.
Rein G.: Healing mechanisms for non-classical electromagnetic energies. Proc. US Psychotronics AssociationConference, St. Louis, MO, 2005.
Rein G. Healing Mechanisms for Non-classical Electromagnetic Energies. US Psychotronics Association Conference, St. Louis, MO, 2005
Rein G. The Ability of the Radiated Energy from a Paramagnetic Mineral to Neutralize Heavy Metal Toxicity in-vitro. Internat Conf of Acupuncture & Electrotherapeutics, Columbia University, NY, 2007
Rein G. Electromagnetic Mediation of Water Stewardship. Business Unusual Group, Ridgway, CO. 2007
Syldona M., Rein G. Reducing the in-vitro electromagnetic field effect of cellular phones on human DNA and the intensity of their emitted radiation. Acupuncture Electrotherap Res 32, 1-14, 2007.
Rein G.: Information storage in water: the heart of homeopathy. Proc. US Pscyhotronics AssociationConference. Chicago, 2007.
Rein G.: The bipolar nature of the Biofield of different healing arts practitioners. . Proc. USPscyhotronics Association Conference. Lauflin, New Mexico, 2008.
Rein G. Homeopathy- Energetic Mechanism for Information Storage. Society for Scientific Explorations, 2009.
Rein G. The Bipolar Nature of Healing Energy. Ann. Conference German Society for Energy Medicine (DGEIM), Heidelberg, 2009.
Rein G. Anomalous Electromagnetic Fields and their Biological Relevance Society for Scientific Exploration, 2010.
Rein G.: Healing arts: past, present and future. . Proc. USPscyhotronics Association Conference. Chicago, 2010.
Rein G.: Quantum Biology: a new virtual science. Proc. US Pscyhotronics AssociationConference. St. Louis, 2011.
Rein G. Effect of Conscious Intention on Human DNA. Internat Soc Study Subtle Energy and Energy Medicine (ISSSEEM), Boulder, 2011.
Rein G. Non-local Information Transfer between Biological Systems. Society for Scientific Exploration, 2011.
Rein G. Imprinting and Measuring Information Stored in Water. Drei Symposium der DGEIM- Lander Wasser. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Energetische und Informations Medizine Landau, Germany, 2011.
Rein G. Genetic Information Transfer via Lasers, You-tube Interview with Peter Gariaev. 2011
Rein G. Use of Non-linear Spectroscopy to measure Frequency Information in Water. Workshop At DGEIM Conf on Energetics and Information Medicine. Landau, Germany, 2011
Rein G. Immuno-enhancing Effects of Longitudinal EM Fields Generated From a Caduceus Coil. Society for Scientific Exploration, 2012.
Rein G. The Mysteries and Magic of Water. Paranormal Res Foundat. Golden CO 2013
Rein G. Electro-pollution. World Institute for Sci Exploration, Skype presentation. 2013.
Rein G. Energy Healing – Beyond Electromagnetics. Soc for Scientific Exploration, Michigan State Univ., 2013
Rein G. Bio-electric Characterization of Water Treated with Subtle Energy. Proc of International Conference on the Physics, Chemistry and Biology of Water. Varna, Bulgaria2015
Rein G. A Quantum-Chemical Approach to Consciousness based on Phase Conjugation. Cosmos & History: Journal of Natural & Social Philosophy 2016;12:250-258.
Rein G. Mind As a Virtual Phase-Conjugated Hologram. Cosmos & History: Journal of Natural & Social Philosophy 2017;13:1-11
Rein G. Imprinting, Storing & Reading Information Stored in Water. Proceedings of Extraordinary Science & Technology Conference. Albuquerque, July, 2017
Rein G. Electrical Properties of DNA and its Sensitivity to Subtle Energy. 9th Annual Conference on Future Energy, Albuquerque, July, 2018
Rein G. Inhibition of Isolated Smooth Muscle Contractility Utilizing a Nanoparticle Clustered Water Delivery System. Proc of the Internat Conference on Physics, Chemistry and Biology of Water, Sofia, Bulgaria 2017
Rein G. Quantum Information Storage in Water. Proceedings of Extraordinary Science & Technology Conference. Albuquerque, July, 2018
Rein G. Structured Water. Global Foundation of Integrative Medicine Conf. NY,NY. 2018
Rein G. Imprinting Water with Frequency and Digital Information. Proc of the Internat Conference on Physics, Chemistry and Biology of Water, Sofia, Bulgaria 2018
http://www.scribd.com/doc/71457503/DGEIM-Workshop-by-Dr-Glen-Rein (video: Imprinting Water with non-classical EMF)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC2d6a1qFOA(video: homeopathy and information)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9g9dz1U0qA(video: imprinting water with conscious intention)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et4yvfuSv80(video interview with Gariaev about energetic properties of DNA)
http://www.item-bioenergy.com/infocenter/ConsciousIntentiononDNA.pdf(article: conscious intention effects DNA)